Fort George G Meade Homes & Real Estate
Search the newest Fort George G Meade, MD homes for sale & real estate below! Fort George G Meade, often shortened to just Fort Meade, is a community in Maryland built to support members of the U.S. military who work in and around Washington, D.C., and many residents have a connection to military service or are civilian workers of the U.S. government. For more information about Fort George G Meade properties for sale, including previous pricing history, property disclosures, and more, or to arrange a home showing, contact your LOCAL real estate experts today. Read more about Fort George G Meade real estate.
Homes For Sale in Fort George G Meade MD
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to open house information, square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by Bright MLS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any unauthorized dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Copyright 2022 Bright MLS. All rights reserved.
Fort George G Meade Real Estate Search
This page is updated with Fort George G Meade home listings several times per day directly from the Fort George G Meade, Maryland MLS.
Each Fort George G Meade MLS listing includes the property price, days on market, square footage, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, construction type, and other important details as entered by the listing agent in the MLS.
Also review local Fort George G Meade, MD property tax information and the current listing status (active, under contract, or pending). As available, numerous property features such as greenbelt locations, views, swimming pools, and Fort George G Meade community amenities including parks and golf courses will be listed.
Fort Meade Real Estate Market
Residents of Fort Meade can choose between living on base or in one of the surrounding communities. Available real estate options near Fort Meade are primarily composed of detached, single-family homes, condos, and other types of apartment-style housing. The closest communities include Laurel, Odenton, Columbia, Hanover, Severn, and Elkridge. Many of the houses found in the Fort Meade area are older. However, people who want to buy a home will find plenty of newer homes as well. Home prices in the area surrounding the Fort Meade base range from $125,000 to $2 million.
Fort Meade Community Amenities
Active-duty servicemembers, retirees, and civilian employees of Fort Meade can enjoy all the amenities offered on base. Being near Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Annapolis gives residents plenty of work and leisure opportunities. Many locals work at Fort Meade, but others commute to nearby cities. Commuters love how major highways, such as I-95, I-495, I-97, I-295, and I-270, are close to this community. These roadways, along with other local roadways, give commuters and residents plenty of options to get them to where they need to be.
People who love spending their leisure time in the great outdoors love the fact there are numerous parks, lakes, and other public outdoor spaces to enjoy. Nature trails are found at Severn Run Natural Environment Area and Patuxent Research Refuge, where people can hike, bike, walk, birdwatch, and more. Great dining and entertainment options are found locally, but many people also head to nearby Annapolis for casual and fine dining. History enthusiasts love exploring the regional and national museums found in the immediate area and downtown D.C.
Fort Meade Local Highlights
- Residents and employees who have clearance to enter Fort Meade can enjoy all the amenities found inside the installation's gates, including a fitness center, walking/running track, a sports center, library, museums, a movie theater, and a bowling alley.
- The Gaffney Fitness Center features treadmills, bikes, cross trainers, steppers, rowers, and various types of other fitness and training equipment, along with two racquetball courts, a heated indoor pool, and saunas.
- The Arts and Crafts Center on Fort Meade features numerous activities, classes, and hands-on fun. The center also features the Stivers Art Gallery and a woodshop.
- The Camp Meade RV Park offers military members, military families, and other eligible persons outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Sandy Point State Park and other waterfront locations are under 30 minutes away where residents love to swim, sunbathe, boat, sail, and enjoy other water activities.
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is just 20 minutes away, and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is 45 minutes away.
- U.S. Naval Academy Armel Leftwich Visitor Center Annapolis is a 30-minute drive away.
- The Maryland Renaissance Festival, which runs for about two months every year, is in Crownsville, Maryland, just 20 minutes away.
Fort Meade School Information
Anne Arundel County Public Schools serve the area surrounding Fort Meade. The individual schools local students attend are determined by the location of the neighborhood or subdivision they reside in. Some of the schools students can attend include Manor View Elementary School, MacArthur Middle School, and Meade High School.
People often choose to buy a home near Fort Meade because it's in a convenient location and is close to many desirable amenities.
Fort George G Meade, MD Real Estate Agents
Want to buy or sell a home in Fort George G Meade? Let our Fort George G Meade, Maryland real estate experts help you through the purchase of your new Fort George G Meade property or expertly negotiate the sale of your current residence. As local real estate agents, we're experts on the dynamics unique to Fort George G Meade, Maryland real estate.
Connect with The Bob & Ronna Group of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices PenFed Realty to learn more about buyer or seller representation. If you're selling your Fort George G Meade home, review our market analysis page to discover the possible resale value of your property!
Back to All Featured Communities